“Kriya Yoga, controlling the mind directly through the life force, is the easiest, most effective, and most scientific avenue of approach to the Infinite. In contrast to the slow, uncertain “bullock cart” theological path to God, Kriya may justly be called the “airplane” route.”
— Paramhansa Yogananda
Ananda Sangha Mumbai teaches the meditation techniques taught by Paramhansa Yogananda. Meditation is a state of intense awareness achieved by stilling and concentrating the thoughts. It is a journey to the center of our own being, a process so perfectly natural that we don’t have to learn how to meditate. Rather, we have to unlearn those habits and attitudes that keep us from experiencing our natural state of expanded awareness.
We offer regular How to Meditate workshops, and daily morning and evening group meditations at our center. Group meditations are especially helpful for those who are new to meditation, as the energy of the group supports and encourages them in their efforts. Once a week, every Wednesday, we have guided meditation for beginners.
Those interested in learning Kriya Yoga can join us for the entire course that prepares the aspirant to receive initiation into kriya yoga. Kriya yoga is an ancient and sacred yoga technique that has been practiced by saints and sages for thousands of years. In the modern age, this technique has been introduced by Mahavatar Babaji through his disciple, Lahiri Mahasaya, to be taught and shared with true and sincere aspirants seeking spiritual evolution. This technique has been mentioned by Lord Krishna in the Bhagavad Gita and by Patanjali in his Yoga Sutras.
Steps to Learn Kriya Yoga Meditation
- How to overcome the restless mind
- Deep relaxation at will
- Correct posture
- How, when and where to Meditate
- Establishing a daily routine
The cost of the How to Mediate class is Rs. 900, which includes the book Lessons in Meditation as course material.
- Principles of Energy, Will & Magnetism
- Overview of Yoga – Bhakti, Gyana, Karma and Raja
- Ashtanga Yoga & Yamas and Niyamas
- Overcoming Habits
- Applying Yoga Principles in Daily Life
- Mapping your Spiritual Progress
The cost of this 4-class series is Rs. 4,500 which includes the book Art and Science of Raja Yoga as course material.
- Understanding the need and role of the Guru
- Recognizing a true Guru & Attunement with the Guru
- Pre-requisites and right attitudes of a true disciple
- The lineage of our Masters, Mission of Yogananda, Swami Kriyananda & Ananda’s mission
- Discipleship Ceremony
- The techniques of Mahamudra, Aum Technique and Navi kriya
The cost of this series is Rs. 4,500 which includes A Handbook on Discipleship and another book, as course material.
- Introduction to Kriya Yoga and The Anatomy of the Astral body
- The Yugas, with emphasis on Dwapara Yuga (the age of energy)
- Yogananda’s interpretation of the Gita and Kriya Yoga in the Gita
- Long meditations & kriya related Q&A
- Technique of Jyoti Mudra
Cost of this series is Rs.4,500. After completion of this series of classes, there will be the Kriya Initiation Ceremony where qualified students will receive the sacred diksha in Kriya Yoga by a Kriyacharya.
From the Heart
Testimonials from Truth-Seekers